Here are our tips on how to spend your 1 minute preparation time:
- Decide on your story/topic as quickly as possible, this should be done within the first 10 seconds.
- Then spend the next 50 seconds making notes.
- Use a story/topic you have already practiced before.
- Write a simple list of keywords you want to talk about. Don’t write sentences.
- Write at least one point for each part of the question.
- If you make a mistake, leave it don’t waste time erasing it.
- Concentrate on answering the question. Do not worry about grammar.
Point 3 is the most important. There are commonly asked topics in Speaking Part 2, with enough practice you should get good relatively quickly.