Get Your Grind On!
A simple, widely available spice and kitchen staple may help us trim our waistlines. New research published in the American Chemical Society’s Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry gives the nod to black pepper. The study provides evidence of a long-sought explanation for the beneficial, fat-fighting effects of the common seasoning. Piperine, the pungent-tasting substance that gives black pepper its characteristic taste, helps block the formation of new fat cells.
This article appears in the January 2013 issue of Natural Awakenings
1. Read the following sentences and decide whether they are true (T) or false (F).
1. You can hardly find a spice that can help you fight fat. ……..
2. The more you consume black pepper, the more weight you lose. ……..
3. Piperine is responsible for the taste of black pepper. ……..
4. Any seasoning can be used to prevent new fat cells. ……..
View original post 81 more words