Unlike skits, role plays shouldn’t be scripted out in detail; instead you should give the student a general scenario with different elements and suggested ideas for complications to occur. Here are some tips to help set up an effective role play activity.
- Role play cards can be a very useful tool. For example:
- Before asking them to perform a role play you should prepare the students by asking questions. The questions should incorporate the major parts of the role play and the vocabulary/idioms involved. After the question answer session the students should be comfortable with what they need to do.
- Allow them a few minutes to study the role cards and work out some key sentences. Give help where needed.
- Model the role play clearly with a strong student before asking the students to work in pairs.
- Each role play should be performed at least twice with the students changing…
View original post 37 more words